About Me



Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sincere Advice to Future Art History Students

This class will change your perspective of the world.  You will see the human form in a different way. You will find yourself looking at houses on your street and finding antecedents to ancient architectural styles. You will wonder where the future of art is headed. Yet, in order to fully appreciate this new understanding, you must commit yourself to the course. You must set aside time each day to read a few pages in the book, and not try to cram before the tests. Do a blog post every Saturday morning. Go to museums. Watch documentaries. My only regrets are the chapters I did not fully learn because I didn't leave time for them. The chapters I did invest myself are the ones whose ideas I know I will remember for the rest of my life. So, make the choice early in the year to do your best in this course and you will really appreciate the fact that you did.

-Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment